Teen electrocuted while climbing transmission tower


Investigators say an Ohio teenager was electrocuted and fell about 30 ft to the bottom after climbing a transmission tower supporting excessive-voltage energy strains.

A coroner recognized the sufferer Tuesday as 17-yr-previous Antonio Jarrod Victor Simon, of Streetsboro. Police say he died Monday at a park in Akron.

A spokesman for FirstEnergy Corp. referred to as the teenager’s demise “tragic” and stated the corporate has routinely suggested individuals to avoid harmful gear.

The Akron Beacon Journal studies that the facility strains carry about 23,000 volts of electrical energy.



Source link